Using CyNoteCyber Laboratory Notebook for Biologists and Bioinformaticists
Using CyNote for the first time
All users require an account to use CyNote. However, when CyNote is first used, there are no accounts that exist in the database. To create a user account:
1. Open CyNote’s login page and click the link to create an account.
1. Fill in the relevant fields and press the submit button to create the account.
2. The system will redirect you to the login page. Enter the username and password to login to the system.
Note that the first person who creates an account will be authorised immediately. All others will need to be authorised by the first user before they may use the system.
To authorise users:
1. Login to the system.
2. From the main menu, select “Authorise User(s)”.
3. Select the user(s) that you want to authorise and press the “Authorise user” button.
The selected users will be authorised and will be able to login to the system.